- Download PE Builder program and run it.
- Insert original Windows XP installation CD.
- For full Windows desktop, you need the Windows XPE plug-in. Save the file to the !custom folder in the plugin directory in the pebuilder folder.
- In PE Builder, set the location of the Source and click the Plugins button. Click the Add button, then browse to the !custom folder in the plugin directory in the pebuilder folder. Now click on the plug-in you want to add and click Open. You can enter a folder name for the plug-in or leave the default. Click OK. Scroll down the plug-ins list until you find the Nu2Shell plug-in. Click Enable/Disable to turn it off. Find the Startup Group plug-in and disable it. Click Close.
- Select Create ISO image and click Build.
- Insert a blank CD-R or CD-RW and create your bootable live CD from the ISO image.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Making a live Windows XP CD
If you just want to try out Windows XP on your Eee PC, you can build a live Windows XP CD and boot from it instead of doing the installation. This will not destroy the existing Xandros Linux.